Wednesday 19 February 2014

“Bless You My Child” – Part 2

The Partridge India Blog welcomes back multi-published author Nilu N Gavankar for the second in her four part series about her “magical moment” when she met Mother Theresa.

Today she tells Partridge India how providence and the generosity of others conspired to allow the meeting to take place.

“Bless You My Child” – Part 2
By Nilu N Gavankar

A lovely sister in white sari with blue border greeted me at the entrance door with a gentle and kind smile. She inquired extremely politely why I was visiting their organization.

I couldn’t hide my excitement. “Is mother here? Is there any way to have glimpses of her from distance. I do not have any appointment with her.”

“No. It is not possible right now. She is sleeping.” Recognizing the confused look on my face she continued, “Mother was up since 3 AM this morning because she had some international dignitaries visiting her. Lately she gets tired often and now she is resting. Sorry, I can not help you. Can you come tomorrow?”

“I am leaving Kolkata at 2:30 PM. I have to be at the airport by 1:30.”

The sister was very thoughtful, she said, “Mother prays in her prayer hall around 12. I can not promise you anything but People do come around that time and stand 50 ft away. You can stand with crowd and you may be able to see her for a few seconds, when she walks by to her prayer hall.”

How exciting!

I rushed back to the hotel and the manger taking interest in my story told me,“Though check out time for us is 12, you do not need to check out on time. Because it is so hot and humid, you may want to take a shower before you go to the airport. If you rush right after you see Mother, you will be able to make it to the airport on time.”

I sure was receiving kindness from people that day.

Click here to read the full article

0 comments:

Post a Comment