Friday 21 February 2014

“Bless You My Child” – Part 3

In the third of her four-part Partridge India Blog series, Nilu N Gavankar continues her fascinating account of her meeting with Mother Theresa. She describes the 15 minutes they sat together as being “almost like peaceful meditation time” for her.

“Bless You My Child” – Part 3
By Nilu N Gavankar

I was very surprised and did not know how to reply.

Do I say “Thank you mother?

Do I touch her feet like the Indian people do?”

I was baffled.

So she touched my head again and said,

“Bless you my child!”

I mumbled something like saying “Thank you.”

She turned to people in the crowd and blessed a few children. I was happy that I got to see her that close. I thought of making an exit.

As I was going to make a move, Mother Teresa turned around and touched my head again and said,

“Bless you my child.”

That blew me away totally.

Then she asked me to follow her to the prayer hall. (Is she kidding?). I followed her as she indicated.

Click here to read the full article

0 comments:

Post a Comment